Monday, January 26, 2009

The Correspondents: Justin Moriarty

The sound of the alarm rang at a very early 4am today. Like all the guys I rolled out of bed rubbing my eyes to wake myself up and wishing I had another 4 hours of sleep. However, the first day of baseball practice always has brought me excitement. This early Monday morning was the start to my Junior year of baseball here at North Central. The 14-23 season a year ago is nothing but a distant memory in my head. The beauty of beginning something new is that we have a clean slate to start from. This year we have a core of players who are a year wiser and push each other to work hard everyday.

The time to be a successful club is NOW and that has never been more prevalent than this year. John Wooden defined success as "Coming from knowing that you did your best to become the best that you are capable of becoming." I truly believe that if all the guys know they did their best to become the best they are capable of becoming then this season will be a memorable one. I can't wait to lace up the spikes with my teammates and get after it.