Friday, February 13, 2009

The Correspondents: Justin Moriarty

The Cardinal baseball team was fortunate enough to be given an off day on the final 24 hours of the workweek. However, I still found myself tossing and turning once the 5:00am hour came around. It may have been due to the fact that for the past three weeks I have been getting ready for practice at 4:00am or I was just conscious of the fact that I had to rise at 6:00 to get ready to observe high school social studies and did not want to oversleep. Whatever the case may be it was not a pleasant night of sleep for this Cardinal. With that being said I am still having a fantastic Friday. There's nothing like finishing the week out strong academically as well as athletically.

What does this afternoon have in store? I have made plans with Pitcher, Mike Kloss (The best fungo hitter this team has to offer) to hit some pop flies to myself and some other Outfielders out on the turf football field. At this point in the year we have to take advantage of dry conditions as much as possible and start adapting to seeing the ball off the bat. Tomorrow morning marks the end of week 3 and two weeks from now we will be upon the eve of game 1 of the season. I can hardly wait!