Monday, February 9, 2009

Spring Has Sprung?

I never thought I would say I was happy to see standing water on a baseball field but because it is a result of snow melting, it is a sight for sore eyes. The field is clear except for a few spots on the outfield grass near the warning track. And after two weeks of indoor practice, I will take anything that looks like a spring day.

Another positive note is the football field is clear of snow as well so we should be able to get outside at some point this week. Our outfielders will be able to get reads off the bat and adjust to the outside air, even though we will be back inside this weekend when temperatures begin to drop back to typical Chicago winters. Hopefully the frost line is beginning to melt on the field but I don't know if how long these "warmer" temperatures will last. Regardless of the weather in Naperville, we are only 19 days away from the season opener against Illinois College