Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Another Quality Start from Kloss

By: JMO

Great baseball was on display on a less than glamorous day in Kenosha. I'm sorry that I was unable to post last night because I was wrapped up in the Cubs game taking place in Arizona. In game 1 yesterday a pitcher's dual evolved between Trace Ruffie of Carthage and our own Mike Kloss. Mike pitched 9 shutout innings of baseball (as did Ruffie). The tenth inning proved to be fatal as Carthage rallied to score the lone run of the game. It was yet another great performance by our "ace" and Kloss has absolutely been an all-conference performer for us this season.

Game 2's home end of the 4th inning was the dagger as Carthage put an 8 spot up. The bats responded back with 5 in the top of the 5th and we later added another run but it wasn't enough as Carthage took game 2 by a score of 8-6. It was a little disheartening leaving Kenosha without a win but we played with the top ranked team in the region for 17 1/2 innings and that is something Coach said to be proud of. Of course its bittersweet but what can you do? Its baseball. With the season winding down we need to dig deep and take the final game today at 4 pm in Naperville if we want a shot at the conference tourney.

I want to personally thank all the parents that came to Carthage (perhaps for a second time this week) and fought the cold. Your support for our team means more than you think and I love looking around and seeing people I consider my second family. I have younger brothers so my Mom and Dad are usually obligated to stay at home and be involved with them. Having my friends parents out at the ballgames means a lot to me.

Week 5 is especially busy with all the mid-terms scheduled for class so I'm going to attempt to get some work done for the classroom. Hope to see you all today.