Friday, September 3, 2010

First Day of the Rest of Your Life

Today was a long day, which for me started when my phone alarm went off at 3:45 am (the battery was fine so I did get up, sorry Jim Furyk) for a 6am lift. Getting up that early for the 45-minute drive didn't bother me because today was the first day of fall practice. The weather forecast didn't look promising but why would it? It hasn't rained for two weeks so naturally it would for the fall opener. Surprisingly, the rain stopped and the field was able to take some water so practice went off pretty much without a hitch.

There were a lot of good things that happened today but frankly, I am too tired to remember everything, or at least too tired to write everything down. I'm sure I'll have a post later in the week to recap the first week of practice. But it's about time to hit the sack before another early morning wake-up call. Until next time...