Monday, July 18, 2011

Extra! Extra!

I would like to announce that after weeks of planning, emailing editors and redesigning the site, The Coach's Cave is about to enter a partnership with the Lake County News-Herald. Starting today, The Coach's Cave can now also be found in the Lake County News-Herald's Media Lab online.

What does this mean? Well, nothing for those who already follow this blog and Lake Erie baseball. But this does mean that the blog will have the opportunity to reach a new audience online and in print. This is something I am very excited about and will undoubtedly help increase the publicity for the blog and the Lake Erie baseball program. The content will remain relatively the same (I say relatively because I am always looking for new ideas) and the domain name will remain the same, but readers can also find The Cave at www.news-herald.com/medialab/ along with blogs from other Lake County residents.

I would like to thank the News-Herald for their cooperation with this project, specifically Assistant Sports Editor Kevin Kleps and Executive Editor Tricia Ambrose. I would also like to thank Lake Erie's Sports Information Director Jason Tirotta, not only for his role in setting up this partnership and recommending me to the News-Herald, but for also including a link to The Cave on the Lake Erie Athletic Site and his overall promotion of the blog. Jason and his staff do a top-notch job and are far and away the best sports info staff I have had the pleasure of working with in my seven years of coaching college baseball. Thanks for your help...RAGE ON!