Thursday, July 21, 2011

Summer Reading

We are at the time of year when summer tournaments are wrapping up and coaches and players alike are looking forward to some time off from the diamond. I know I always have trouble finding things to do that don't involve watching or coaching baseball and one can only take so many bogey-filled rounds of golf. So if you're looking for something to do that would still allow you to kick your feet up and relax poolside, you may want to check out a few of these titles. And yes, I have read each of these because legally, I cannot recommend them if I haven't.

Baseball Titles
Bullpen Diaries by Charley Rosen
The Extra 2% by Jonah Keri
Life is Yours to Win by Augie Garrido
Joe Torre's Ground Rules for Winners by Joe Torre

Off the Field
Ghost Soldiers by Hampton Sides