Saturday, August 20, 2011

Playing the Greatest Generation

I know I said no blog posts this weekend but this one has nothing to do with baseball. Every year in my hometown of Conneaut, Ohio, the Chamber of Commerce transforms the shores of Lake Erie into the shores of Normandy, France by hosting a D-Day reenactment. The event celebrates those veterans who served in the Armed Forces during World War II. Thousands of people gather each year and travel from all over to honor parents, grandparents, friends and neighbors, and everyone else who protected our freedom.

While I don't go every year, this is something I recommend attending at least once. There are events all weekend but the reenactment takes place today. Below are a few pics from the 2009 reenactment I attended. God Bless America!

Full View of Photos