After rain delayed the opening weekend of intersquad games, the Storm got a week of practice in before gearing up for the opening weekend of the Storm Fall League. The first pitch will be thrown tomorrow (Saturday, 9/15) at 9:00am at Kiwanis Rec Park. Fans are encouraged to attend all SFL games this fall. Rosters will be available on site and on Twitter starting tomorrow. Here's the latest happenings in Storm baseball.
- Mitt Romney is holding a rally at Lake Erie College today which has cancelled the Storm's Friday practice. The team will be back on the field Saturday with SFL play.
- SFL play begins on Saturday and the rosters are set. Check out Twitter tomorrow for lineups and rosters complete with numbers.
- The Green team will be wearing throwback "LE" jerseys during SFL games this fall while the Black team will wear the "ERIE" tops. The returners will be sporting their uniform numbers whereas the newcomers will be wearing random numbers.
- The Storm's Fall Prospect Camp is filling up, interested high school players can get more info with the camp flyer.
- The Storm will be volunteering to build the new State Street Park in Painesville next Friday. The project is part of NewsChannel5's Building Better Neighborhoods Initiative in cooperation with the City of Painesville and the Western Reserve Community Development Corporation. Interested volunteers can get more information in this article.
- Check out my latest article on base running available on STACK.com.
- Here's an infield warm-up drill video that should be appearing on STACK later this month. Thanks to Sean Mathews (@smathews21), Dillon VanDyne (@DVD_VanDyne), Tyler Kmitt (@YouGottaKmitt), Josh Hudeck (@jhudeck8), Cody Blood (@cblood17), Zak DeCamp (@ZeekersTweeters) and Matt Avromov (@mavromov) for their help in the video.
Follow The Coach's Cave on Twitter