Welcome to the first edition of Lab Notes for Fall Ball 2012. Classes are in session and the students are back in full force. The official start to Fall Ball is less than a week away but the team has started their individual position work (indies or indy's) in preparation for the first official practice. Here's what happened this week with Lake Erie baseball.
- Individual position workouts were held Thursday and Friday and will continue next week.
- Pitchers threw a light bullpen session on Friday. They will each throw one more short pen next week to prepare for opening weekend of SFL play, which begins next Sunday at 8:30am.
- The first official team workout will take place next Saturday morning at 8:30am.
- Morning strength and conditioning workouts begin this Tuesday at 6:30am.
- The Fall Prospect Camp date has been announced for Saturday, September 29 from 10am-3pm at Braggs Field at Kiwanis Rec Park. For more information, check out www.LakeErieStorm.com.
- Check out Part 1 of my latest article on the Outfield Crow Hop available on STACK.com.
- Reid Rizzo Day (formerly family day) will be held on Sunday, October 14. More details to come.
- In football news, Storm outfielder Aaron Lindgren (@lindgren_87) had a great start to the 2012 campaign with 6 catches for 127 yards and a touchdown in a 36-33 loss to Gannon.
Follow The Coach's Cave on Twitter