Lake Erie opened camp yesterday with the start of pitchers and catchers, which means the first full squad spring training workout is right around the corner (Friday, 12:30 pm). Finally, baseball is back! It couldn't have come at a better time too, because here really hasn't been much for the pitchers and catchers to do since finals week ended the first week of December.
It's been awhile since we have had a team baseball workout (November 16) so it feels good to be back on the "field" (so to speak). Opening Day will be upon us before we know it but here are some quick news and notes for the first week.
- Each pitcher threw a light, 20-25 pitch bullpen yesterday, and will throw a similar pen on Wednesday
- First official team workout will be held on Friday
- Live bullpens will begin on Saturday
- Lake Erie opens the season on February 22 at Southern Indiana. See the full schedule here.
- Check out College Baseball Lineups Division II Pre-Season Poll
Follow The Coach's Cave on Twitter